Monday, January 14, 2019

MEB Seminar Series | Andrew Griffith, Ph.D.

Andrew Griffith, Ph.D.
Post-Doctoral Researcher, USC/MEB, Manahan Lab

The Study of Environmental Stress on Marine Organisms

Tuesday, January 15, 2019
12 PM
AHF 153 (Torrey Webb Room)

Research Abstract: The broad goal of my research is to understand the effects of environmental stressors on ecologically and economically important marine species.  I will describe some of my previous contributions towards understanding responses to stress at the level of the whole-organism (e.g., growth, development, survival), and outline future strategies for advancing this area of research at more mechanistic levels of analysis.

Quick Bio: I am a recently graduated (PhD) from the School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences at Stony Brook University (Long Island, NY) where I studied the impacts of climate change and other stressors on the early-life history of marine finfish and shellfish.  I have recently (Dec 1st 2018) relocated to Los Angeles to join the Manahan Laboratory group as a Postdoctoral Associate. 



No comments: