Monday, October 8, 2018

MEB Seminar Series | Daniel E. Crocker, Ph.D.

Daniel E. Crocker, Ph.D.
Professor of Biology
Sonoma State University
Lab Website

Stress and reproduction in northern elephant seals

Tuesday, October 9
12 PM
AHF 153 (Torrey Webb Room)

Research Interests:
Comparative Physiology of Vertebrates; Physiological Ecology; Bioenergetics; Behavioral Ecology; Biology of Marine Mammals.

Research Program:
My research is focused on the physiological and behavioral ecology of pinnipeds, seals and sea lions. My approach is to integrate physiology and behavior with the aim of addressing ecological theory. I am investigating physiological factors that impact the reproductive and foraging strategies used by marine predators. Much of my current research is focused on the physiology and behavior of northern elephant seals. These investigations include both field and laboratory studies. My field research focuses on studies of fasting physiology and reproduction when seals are hauled out on land to breed and diving physiology and foraging when animals are at sea.  My graduate students are exploring a wide variety of research areas including fasting physiology, foraging behavior and life history strategies. My lab has a strong collaborative relationship with the Institute of Marine Sciences at the University of California, Santa Cruz.

No comments: